RE: [council] Response to ccNSO/GAC Issues report

  • To: "Robin Gross" <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Response to ccNSO/GAC Issues report
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:00:42 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Recommendation 2 (confusingly similar) does not necessarily relate to
trademarks although that could be a subset.  The detailed discussion we
included for this was taken from international law relating to
trademarks but the intent was to apply the requirement on broader basis,
in particularly for existing gTLDs that do not have any trade mark
rights.

Chuck