[council] Domain tasting agenda item for Wednesday 13 Feb meeting.

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Domain tasting agenda item for Wednesday 13 Feb meeting.
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:46:18 +0530
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

At today's meting we discussed the various possible outcomes for the DNT on Wednesday.

We discussed the following possibilities:

1. All of the bracketed text in the proposed motion could be resolved and if all constituencies are ready for a vote and if the motion was made and seconded, the council could vote on the motion in that meeting. Note: while there is no by-laws requirement for the amount of time the (draft) final report report needs to be public before the vote, I think that 3 days may be a bit short.

2. The motion could be tabled until our next meeting to allow for further discussion among council members and within the constituencies.

3. The motion could be delayed until such time as updated impact statements related to the motion, according to the terms of reference, were collected from the constituencies. If we choose this option we will need to set a schedule for collecting these constituency impact statements.

4. We could create an open working group to do further work. In this case we would need to create a charter for this working group. One suggestion for a WG would be to study the possible implementation options, e.g. the maximum level of deletes for AGP applicability.

I would like to ask the constituencies during their meetings on Tuesday to discus these options, and perhaps other possibilities they wish to suggest, so that we can determine what path we wish to follow at the Wednesday meeting.

Thanks

a.