[council] ICANN Posts Initial Operating Plan and Budget Framework for Fiscal Year 2009
- To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] ICANN Posts Initial Operating Plan and Budget Framework for Fiscal Year 2009
- From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 11:26:56 +0100
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 (Windows/20071031)
[To: council[at]gnso.icann.org; liaison6c[at]gnso.icann.org]
[To: ga[at]gnso.icann.org; announce[at]gnso.icann.org]
ICANN Posts Initial Operating Plan and Budget Framework for Fiscal Year 2009
4 February 2008
The Initial Operating Plan and Budget Framework [PDF, 904K] kicks off
the operational planning process for ICANN, providing the community with
a first look at planned work and costs for fiscal year 2009. The
planning approach this year accelerates the date when information is
available to the community, and extends the review period, so the
community has the maximum opportunity to provide input and help mold the
fiscal year 2009 budget.
Some new characteristics of this year's approach to planning include:
* Review of the operating plan activities and anticipated expenses
at the same time (in the past, done separately).
* A three-year budget model for ICANN, to better put fiscal year
2009 into perspective. Again, the three-year budget model points out the
criticality of reaching community consensus on many of the
questions/assumptions still to be addressed for new gTLDs.
* A structured presentation of operating plan activities that both
allows for summarization, thus making it more accessible and tractable,
while still providing adequate detail in areas in which various
community members have specific interest.
The Initial Operating Plan and Budget Framework will be reviewed in a
public workshop in Delhi, and kicks off a five month long consultation
with the community leading up to anticipated adoption of a budget by
ICANN's board in June.
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN