[council] Fwd: set up jabber conference room for gnso council meeting, Jan.30

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Fwd: set up jabber conference room for gnso council meeting, Jan.30
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:48:37 -0800
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

A  Jabber conference room has ben set up by the staff.  Thanks.

I received these instructions from Yan Sun who is helping us with our technical tools and issues.

Begin forwarded message:

First, confirmed by our system engineer, to use the jabber room we set up for you, every user needs to have a gmail or jabber account. The easier way we suggest is to register a gmail account with google, and download one of the jabber client (you can see a list of popular clients,http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.shtml).

After you get them (gmail account and jabber client is installed), open the jabber client, login with you gmail account (i.e.: To use Adium in Mac, choose “Google talk” as the account type).

Next, in the jabber client, join the jabber room (i.e. In Adium, under “File”, choose “Join Group Chat”) by specifying the conference room as “gnso-council”, server as “conference.jabber.icann.org”, and use the password we give you. (p.s. For Adium, give any Nickname you like for yourself as the “Handle”.)

The room name and password will be sent separately on the notify list.

a.