[council] Fwd: set up jabber conference room for gnso council meeting, Jan.30
- To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Fwd: set up jabber conference room for gnso council meeting, Jan.30
- From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:48:37 -0800
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <C3C63FAF.48EEemail@example.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A Jabber conference room has ben set up by the staff. Thanks.
I received these instructions from Yan Sun who is helping us with our
technical tools and issues.
Begin forwarded message:
First, confirmed by our system engineer, to use the jabber room
we set up for you, every user needs to have a gmail or jabber
account. The easier way we suggest is to register a gmail account
with google, and download one of the jabber client (you can see a
list of popular clients,http://www.jabber.org/software/clients.shtml).
After you get them (gmail account and jabber client is
installed), open the jabber client, login with you gmail account
(i.e.: To use Adium in Mac, choose “Google talk” as the account type).
Next, in the jabber client, join the jabber room (i.e. In Adium,
under “File”, choose “Join Group Chat”) by specifying the conference
room as “gnso-council”, server as “conference.jabber.icann.org”, and
use the password we give you. (p.s. For Adium, give any Nickname you
like for yourself as the “Handle”.)
The room name and password will be sent separately on the notify list.