[council] Rita Rodin accepted nomination as candidate for ICANN Board seat 14
- To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Rita Rodin accepted nomination as candidate for ICANN Board seat 14
- From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:57:22 +0100
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Windows/20071031)
Dear Council members,
Rita Rodin has been duly nominated by Chuck Gomes, a Council member
representing the gTLDRegistry constituency,
and has been duly seconded by Adrian Kinderis, a Council member
representing the Registrar constituency,
with a statement from Chuck Gomes endorsing Rita's ability to fulfill
the selection criteria.
Rita will provide a candidate statement which will be transmitted to the
The nominations by members of the GNSO Council for candidates to stand
for ICANN Board seat 14 will close on 31 January 2008 at 17:00 UTC.
All nominations must be seconded by another GNSO Council member before
the close of nominations on Thursday 31 January 2008 at 17:00 UTC.
The proposed voting schedule is as follows:
1st round 29 February - 7 March 2008
2nd round 7 March - 14 March 2008
3rd round 14 March - 21 March 2008
(3 rounds are foreseen in case of ties)
Confirm results at a Council meeting tbd.
Announce the Council's choice to the ICANN General Counsel by Wednesday,
2 April, 2008.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you very much.
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN