Re: [council] Fwd: ccNSO response to GNSO resolution

hi,

On 21 Jan 2008, at 17:35, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

• Avri send a letter to Chris Dispain officially supporting the recommendation for a joint ccNSO/GNSO meeting in New Delhi.

when I wrote asking permission to fprward their letter to the GNSO council, I also said(basd on the feedback I had already received):

The GNSO looks forward to your invitation to a joint meeting.

My next action was going to be to pass on the invitation to the council list once I received it ad get the council's approval for formal acceptance. This can be done via the list if we wish.

• Avri send a letter to the ccNSO and to their comment site informing them that our response to the ccNSO/GAC Issues Paper on IDN ccTLDs (as requested by the Board) will not be completed until New Delhi and we respectfully request that our input be considered in the PDP.

I can do so if the council desires. I have, however, sent in my own personal response to the ccNSO comment site (mailed before I received the ccNSO letter), and would suggest that as co-chair of the council and chair of the group writing the response that you might be the better source of this respectful request. But, I am wiling to do so if the council so choses.

• We initiate a planning process for the joint meeting in New Delhi ASAP.

Once we receive the invitation, and know the conditions of the invitation, e.g. open or closed, when, formal or informal etc, we should certainly start doing so. Also note that I have included planning for that that as a major agenda item for our Sunday meeting in ND.

Thanks

a.