RE: [council] draft 3 of the Proposed memo to the Board relating to 07.89

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] draft 3 of the Proposed memo to the Board relating to 07.89
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 17:46:41 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I attached an alternate message.  Assuming I did it correctly, I also
posted it in on Google motions page.

Here is the thinking behind proposing an alternate message:

- It seems to me that the response by Chris regarding the involvement of
alternates as well as allowing Avri to observe on the IDNC accommodated
most of our concerns so I do not believe that it is any longer necessary
to push for equal membership on the group.

- I believe that the issue of what names fall into ccNSO or GNSO space
is critical but it should be handled separately from the IDNC and that
is the thrust of my alternate message.

- In carefully reading the Board motion and in talking to a couple Board
members, I am not convinced that the Board was consciously approving the
IDNC charter; I certainly do not think that most Board members focused
on the numerical makeup of the group.

- I sincerely believe that we need to avoid making this issue a ccNSO
vs. GNSO issue; there may be times when we must do that, but I am not
convinced this is one.

Chuck