Re: [council] Draft - Appeal to Board relating to IDNC WG

On 19 dec 2007, at 18.23, Chuck Gomes wrote:

Under the questions:

- The second bullet reads, "It is unclear who the intended registries of
the to be defined IDN ccTLDs are. Are these the traditional ccTLD
registries as defined by RFC 1591? Are these the IDNs associated with
language and cultural communities as envisioned by the IDN WG?  Or are
these new IDN ccTLDs critical national resources that come under some
form of national administration?"  It is not clear to me why we are
asking these questions. They are questions that certainly need to be
answered and they have been raised in the Issues Paper and in the just
released IDNC document.

I realized this morning that i neither commented on this nor did anything about it in the working draft.

I should have at the very least put brackets around the paragraph, which I have now done, and which will show up in the next version I send out.

I can see how these questions may be somewhat borderline as a-priori concerns, but do think they are relevant to the question of precedents and preconditions.

a.