RE: [council] Draft reply Council on GNSO reform

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Draft reply Council on GNSO reform
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:57:56 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks again Philip.  This is looking very good in my opinion, but I
still have a four areas of concern.

3. All policy is developed in working groups in place of task forces of
Council.

I still don't understand what positive elements in the current task
force model would be excluded in a working group model.  I would
appreciate some explanation here.  For the moment at least, I think we
should say "Support", not "Partial Support".  I have no problem
emphasizing the need to include flexibility in the WG model but do not
support the suggestion to include 'task forces'.

3.2 Steps to improve effectiveness/ efficiency: proposals for running
working groups.

Why only "Partial Support" for this?  I think we should say "Support".

4.1b Amend the bylaws to clarify the limited set of "consensus policies"
upon which the GNSO may make change.

I think we should say "Support", not "Partial Support".

5.2 Steps to improve effectiveness. The monitoring / oversight role of
Council.

Why only "Partial Support" for this?  I think we should say "Support".

Chuck Gomes