RE: [council] GAC response on new gTLDs

  • To: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] GAC response on new gTLDs
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 15:34:24 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The GAC concern is consistent with what we say in the draft GNSO comments re.
the ccNSO/GAC issues paper:

"If IDN-labeled ccTLDs are not ready for introduction as early as the GNSO is
ready to offer IDN-labeled gTLDs are, procedures should be developed to avoid
possible conflicts."

Chuck Gomes

"This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized use,
distribution, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify sender immediately and destroy/delete the
original transmission."