Re: [council] GNSO Council resolutions 31 October 2007

On 31 okt 2007, at 16.39, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

Glen - I believe it is incorrect to say that motion 1 (IGO DRP PDP) was passed. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

i neglected to respond to this one.

#1 needed 13 out of 25 votes to pass and if I remember correctly, which Glen can confirm, it only got 12 votes.

The confusion has do to the question that arose between Dan's original impression and my interpretation of the by-law that indicated that a motion needed a majority of the quorum number to pass and not a plurality; i.e. more votes then the other.

Later in the meeting Dan confirmed, and he can correct me if i misremember, that the rules required a majority of the quorum number to pass.

I do believe, however, that we still have the by-law obligation to vote on the PDP as this was not a vote on the PDP (33% threshold) but rather was a vote on an activity (50% threshold) that would be done before voting on the PDP. I will confirm the accuracy on my belief with legal counsel.

thanks

a.