[council] Thank you!

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Thank you!
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:53:02 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just wanted to pass along a written note of thanks to the GNSO Council - staff, councillors, and especially Glen. I mean it sincerely when I say that I have enjoyed working with all of you over the years. Each of you has taught me something and I am richer for having had the experience. Working on the Council isn't always the easiest task, but it is challenging in a very real and positive way and the work you do is very important to our community.

The Council I joined is not the same Council I joined. It is a more substantial and meaningful fabric made stronger and relevant by the threads of contribution that each of you have woven into its tapestry. Thank you for this.

I wish you each the best in your deliberations with our issues. I say "our" not as a former Councillor hesitant to let go, but as a member of a community that has entrusted you each with ensuring our issues are contemplated with care, diligence and meaningful stewardship. Please never forget whom the Council is intended to serve - the needs of the community will always be more important than the needs of the constituencies.

As with most departing Councillors, you are guaranteed that I won't be going far. I intend to fully engage myself in my new role as your biggest support and most ardent critic :-)

Thank you again, and with that, I leave you with this...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

My warmest regards,

-ross