Re: [council] Text of motion on WHOIS from 6 Sept 2007 Council meeting

On 27-Oct-07, at 8:13 PM, Bruce Tonkin wrote:

This study should include a review and analysis of the different proxy
services available today and a summary of any other statistical studies that Staff can locate. We ask staff to report back to the Council on the
'study to date' by October 4.

This is a very narrow request, at least, much narrower than what was discussed during the working group meeting today. For instance, the question of how many registrants are natural persons is a question that lives completely outside of the scope put forth by this motion.

I would like Council to make an explicit statement of scope on the studies before we send Liz off into the woods to find us answers to every single Whois question we've ever contemplated.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen