Re: [council] Proposed Resolution re Domain Tasting
- To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] Proposed Resolution re Domain Tasting
- From: cyrilchua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:02:34 +0800
- Cc: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <C76C90D0-25E1-4281-8F9D-3ADE28B8AE3B@psg.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are just weeks from LA. Let's have the vote in LA.
Sent by: To
owner-council@gns Council GNSO
11/10/2007 04:46 Subject
AM Re: [council] Proposed Resolution
re Domain Tasting
Thanks for submitting the motion.
My original planning for tomorrow's meeting had been to discuss the report
at this meting and then work our way toward a decision on a PDP at the
meeting on 31 Oct after the open comments. Would this be acceptable or do
you think we should vote on it as soon as tomorrow.
In any case, as things currently stand in the bylaws we cannot do a working
group as the main vehicle in a PDP, but need to either use a Committee of
the Whole or a Task Force. We can create Working Groups for other
purposes and as spins-off to investigate specific issues but until the
by-laws are changed, not for PDP processes.
Please let me know if holding the vote on this motion until the open
meeting in LA is ok.
On 9 okt 2007, at 02.40, Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:
I offer the following draft resolution, taken from the Final Outcomes
Report of the ad hoc group:
Whereas, the GNSO Council acknowledges the Final Outcomes Report of
the ad hoc group on Domain Tasting, the Council hereby initiates a
Policy Development Process, and commissions a duly constituted
Working Group with the following Terms of Reference:
1. Review and assess all the effects of domain tasting activities
that have been identified.
2. Judge whether the overall effects justify measures to be taken to
impede domain tasting.
3. If the answer to 2 is affirmative, then consider the likely
impacts upon the Constituencies of various potential measures, and
recommend measures designed to impede domain tasting.
This Working Group shall report back to Council by January 24, 2008.
I am sure this needs additional language about PDPs, at least, but
thought this would be a good start for discussion.