Re: [council] Proposed Resolution re Domain Tasting

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Proposed Resolution re Domain Tasting
  • From: cyrilchua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:02:34 +0800
  • Cc: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are just weeks from LA.  Let's have the vote in LA.

             Avri Doria
             <avri@xxxxxxx>
             owner-council@gns         Council GNSO
             o.icann.org               <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             11/10/2007 04:46                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [council] Proposed Resolution
                                       re Domain Tasting

Hi,

Thanks for submitting the motion.

My original planning for tomorrow's meeting had been to discuss the report
at this meting and then work our way toward a decision on a PDP at the
meeting on 31 Oct after the open comments.  Would this be acceptable or do
you think we should vote on it as soon as tomorrow.

In any case, as things currently stand in the bylaws we cannot do a working
group as the main vehicle in a PDP, but need to either use a Committee of
the Whole or a Task Force.   We can create Working Groups for other
purposes and as spins-off to investigate specific issues but until the
by-laws are changed, not for PDP processes.

Please let me know if holding the vote on this motion until the open
meeting in LA is ok.

thanks
a.