[council] Re: Updated Statement of Interest - GNSO
- To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [council] Re: Updated Statement of Interest - GNSO
- From: "Sophia B" <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 12:08:51 -0700
- Cc: gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=EiqfOTMgX85b8RxBECqYCcQFjH25CnhBfUlmmSXRuvo=; b=BGP7Kjzrcg8L/SU6jwLnwC2VsU3N9a3P45+LFl7DB1w88fh4kpy/dcgBjwtoTsD4qfhOZNgxDnLDCQg8PQWCw55XrZczc0AaCUp5H3Ny6QVe1gFbpwR4kMliBipDv/CFZMd5EUExXAM+sqjdOEAsujghzepa7s0N2g8LGtBQ5gA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=qCF2XBvEbLAdLGanv0z1n0uBDki+QeHUKgPLq8hbwJgexf7LEtnTjHYovGnPkmEmUgnXL57h5xREHGgWIKEPNEreckIFbnfzvGl1Hg/0uAP4iPyHXcyFfVrGLRHs4dyFPNJudPhO+pi02nAUQa+kIKmalJEyAerp5gnNGb+VNUU=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I made minor changes to 2nd para re. 'global African community'.
On 07/10/2007, Sophia B <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sophia Bekele - Nominating Committee appointee to the GNSO Council
> I represent a California based, privately held company, CBS Enterprise
> Group, which is engaged in international business. As part of its portfolio
> of services, the company provides systems integration services through CBS
> International, which delivers domain registration, web hosting and email
> services to end users via a reseller, agreement with registrars. Less than
> 10% of CBS's business is derived from these services.
> ICANN is a critical organization for the proper governance of the Internet
> and its stability and security. Given current growing environment of the
> Internet, there are many challenges ahead for ICANN. I am most
> interested in issues of emerging economies and the use of ICT and the growth
> of Internet or lack thereof over these environments. Therefore, the
> policies developed by ICANN over issues governing the global
> Internet particularly domain names could determine the gap in the digital
> divide within these economies. As such, I am actively involved in the
> policy development process of the International Domain Names (IDNs) and
> generic Top Level Domain names (gTLDs) that are of concern. I have also
> initiated and pursuing the efforts for a successful launch of the '.Africa'
> continental domain name project within ICANN and the
> global African community. Towards this end, I will be continuing
> my interest in these areas.
> In my personal capacity, I do not have any of my moneys, invested in
> companies that are in the registrar businesses. I do not believe that any
> activities of the Council or ICANN could have a material effect on the work
> I do at CBS International.