Re: [council] Considering the work of the Tasting Group
- To: Mike Rodenbaugh <mxrodenbaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] Considering the work of the Tasting Group
- From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:54:55 -0400
- Cc: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: Tucows Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: ross@xxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (Macintosh/20070728)
To be clear Mike, I'm not asking for a delay, just to be informed. :-)
To be candid, I probably won't vote in favor of this PDP unless I'm
brought to understand why the issues we're concerned about aren't solely
related to enforcement failures.
To be fair, my mind is completely open on this question, so there is
lots of room to achieve the consensus you are looking for.
Thanks for supporting this request. I'm looking forward to receiving the
final work of this group.
Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:
I would also like this information requested by Ross, though I do not think it
is required before a vote whether to launch a PDP. Still, if we can have it
before next week's meeting, it could be helpful in reaching maximum consensus
on next steps.
I will submit the ad hoc group's report to Council tomorrow as scheduled, and will propose a motion for Council consideration as well.
Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In order to properly consider the forthcoming recommendations of the
working group on tasting, I would like to get some further data from
staff as background information.
Specifically, I would like to understand staff experience in enforcing
clause 3.74 of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement.
a) How many enforcement cases have been opened related to this clause in
the last 5 years?
b) How were these cases resolved? (identifying information is not
necessary, but specifics would be useful)
c) Does staff view 3.7.4 as an effective hedge against abuse of the AGP,
if so, why? If not, why not?
Would it be possible for you to pass this request along to staff? My
instinct tells me that this is more of an enforcement failure than it is
a policy failure and I'd like to understand this better before I vote on
initiating a PDP.
Director, Retail Services