Re: [council] Considering the work of the Tasting Group

  • To: Mike Rodenbaugh <mxrodenbaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Considering the work of the Tasting Group
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:54:55 -0400
  • Cc: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To be clear Mike, I'm not asking for a delay, just to be informed. :-)

To be candid, I probably won't vote in favor of this PDP unless I'm brought to understand why the issues we're concerned about aren't solely related to enforcement failures.

To be fair, my mind is completely open on this question, so there is lots of room to achieve the consensus you are looking for.

Thanks for supporting this request. I'm looking forward to receiving the final work of this group.

-ross

Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:
I would also like this information requested by Ross, though I do not think it
is required before a vote whether to launch a PDP.  Still, if we can have it
before next week's meeting, it could be helpful in reaching maximum consensus
on next steps.
I will submit the ad hoc group's report to Council tomorrow as scheduled, and will propose a motion for Council consideration as well. Thanks, Mike Rodenbaugh

Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Avri -

In order to properly consider the forthcoming recommendations of the working group on tasting, I would like to get some further data from staff as background information.

Specifically, I would like to understand staff experience in enforcing clause 3.74 of the Registrar Accreditation Agreement.

a) How many enforcement cases have been opened related to this clause in the last 5 years? b) How were these cases resolved? (identifying information is not necessary, but specifics would be useful) c) Does staff view 3.7.4 as an effective hedge against abuse of the AGP, if so, why? If not, why not?

Would it be possible for you to pass this request along to staff? My instinct tells me that this is more of an enforcement failure than it is a policy failure and I'd like to understand this better before I vote on initiating a PDP.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
Tucows Inc.

http://www.domaindirect.com