[council] Online motions document

Hi,

Apologies for sending that out without explanation. I wanted to make sure everyone in the meeting could find the page.

You all should have received invitations to participate in a google document (if not, let me know off list). I sent invitations as Collaborators to all council members and Glen, and sent invitations as Viewers to all staff on the the council list.

Once you have accepted the invitation, I believe that going to http:// docs.google.com/ should be enough to get you to the documents you are sharing.

Over time, if we use this to craft motions, we may need to develop some working methods. E.g. we might follow a practice that only the person making the motion should change it (other then the chair/ v.chair during a meeting) but that anyone can append a requested amendment, and can delete their amendment if the motion is edited to incorporate it as a friendly amendment.

Finally, the url below, though not particularly human memory friendly, will allow anyone to see the proposed motions being worked on without needing to be specifically invited to do so. As part of the experiment I would ask that this url be included in all our meeting agendas.

thanks
a.