Re: [council] Correspondence from the Chairman of Marques, Association of European Trade Mark Owners about WHOIS
- Subject: Re: [council] Correspondence from the Chairman of Marques, Association of European Trade Mark Owners about WHOIS
- From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:52:03 -0400
- Cc: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <46EEBBC5.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Organization: Tucows Inc.
- References: <46EEBBC5.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: ross@xxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Macintosh/20070728)
"...urge ICANN to implement a study that looks beyond the needs of the
registrar and domainer communities..."
Apparently Marques hasn't actually participated in the discussion
otherwise they'd know that anyone outside of the IP community has found
it virtually impossible to get a word in edgewise.
I love how they are looking to further spin the discussion into further
fracas by bringing domainers into the picture. While most of the ICANN
constituencies have been very vocal on the subject (with none really
dominating the discussion one way or the other) I don't think that
domainers have been very vocal at all. Yet more red herring from the IP
community. Just what we need.
Dear Council Members,
Please note the recent correspondence from Jane Collins, Chairman of
Marques, Association of European Trade Mark Owners, to Dr. Paul Twomey
and the ICANN Board, raising concern over Whois issues.
Director, Retail Services