Re: [council] Schedule for LA ICANN meeting

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Schedule for LA ICANN meeting
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:07:19 -0700
  • Cc: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there something that we can do to encourage more open meetings of the GAC?

Its a bit troubling for GAC to hold so many key policy discussions that the public is barred from attending. Especially since ICANN likes to call itself "open and transparent" and "bottom up", etc.

I've got no problem attending WIPO policy discussions. ICANN should hold GAC to a higher standard and not allow this kind of secrecy. It discredits the entire policy making process.

Robin

Bruce Tonkin wrote:

Just a note that ICANN has published the preliminary schedule for the
Los Angeles ICANN meeting.

See:
http://losangeles2007.icann.org/schedule

Regards,