Re: [council] Proposed Motion concerning Council communication to ICANN BoD regarding lack of Whois consensus

  • To: ross@xxxxxxxxxx, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Proposed Motion concerning Council communication to ICANN BoD regarding lack of Whois consensus
  • From: Mawaki Chango <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:43:47 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Although this motion is not intended to effect change in the
Whois PDP process, I understand that it might be withdrawn
should the council vote to bring the PDP to closure. I think its
content, which is an advisory to the board, deserves
consideration and I don't really see any basis for a systematic
requirement of public and community discussions as a condition
before any communication be issued by the council to the board.
I therefore second this resolution proposal.
Thanks,

Mawaki