RE: [council] Council meetings and motions

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Council meetings and motions
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:40:57 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Avri,

Having only 48 hours advance notice for motions for which it might be
necessary to obtain constituency feedback is usually not enough notice.
If the motion involves some issues that a constitunency has vetted well
enough in advance to understand the consituency's position without
testing the motion on members, it might not matter.  But if a motion has
some undiscussed nuances, it might be a problem.  I had thought that
motions were supposed to be proposed at least 7 days in advance if
possible, but I may be wrong on that.

Chuck Gomes