FW: [council] Point for Discussion (proxy voting)
- To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: FW: [council] Point for Discussion (proxy voting)
- From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:30:51 +0200
- Cc: "'GNSO Council'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcfEp02WkqovyqmaTbya91fxEGIv+AAElj4QAE0QT1AAP5oaoAAkvRTAA1odyjA=
Do we have time for this on the 9 aug agenda ?
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Philip
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 10:06 AM
To: 'GNSO Council'
Subject: RE: [council] Point for Discussion (proxy voting)
I support Ross here.
The simplest method of proxy voting will be best.
Responsibility should lie with the Council member only to vote.
If they are remiss, so be it.
And of course if we introduce proxy votes then it would apply to all Council
I propose a simple resolution at our next meeting:
"The Council would like to introduce a system of proxy voting.
Council requests the ICANN General Counsel to confirm EITHER that this is
possible under the
current by-laws and if not advise what by-law change would be needed to enable