[council] Request for volunteers re. response to the ccNSO-GAC Issues Report on IDN Policy Issues

  • To: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Request for volunteers re. response to the ccNSO-GAC Issues Report on IDN Policy Issues
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:08:47 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the Council meeting today, we decided to form a small group of people
who would develop draft responses to the questions asked in the
"ccNSO-GAC Issues Report on IDN Policy
Issues"(http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-09jul07.htm).
I was the only Councilor who volunteered so I said I would take the lead
in getting this going.  Olof will support this group from the staff
side.

It is not necessary to have every constituency represented, but we do
want to provide the opportunity for every constituency to have someone
on this group if desired.  Also, if any of the NomCom Council reps or
liaisons want to participate, they would be welcome.  Philip stated that
he would provide a name from the BC.

Our objective will be to produce a first cut at answers to the ccNSO/GAC
questions and we will try to do this during the next couple weeks.
Names and contact information should be submitted to me NLT Tuesday, 17
July so that we can begin work.  If you have any questions, please let
me know.

Thanks,

Chuck Gomes