RE: [council] Regarding GNSO Council/Board dinner on Sunday 24 June 2007
- To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Regarding GNSO Council/Board dinner on Sunday 24 June 2007
- From: Mawaki Chango <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 07:13:40 -0700 (PDT)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=ynvgu6ej36qiAIHPUWPNq52bHjTV8LUgmETdWAgBgsBrlMSlagU9401o8xl3MPLGLkEwAHdeWZirj2MOKKvdtAiulaG/5Qnm+cgPop3VB1iPjSWLLmZtiqdH/aTGqbGGGolv7kbOU+3T+cPGni9TrSJ0K/nj+GRU6erXzI9wxtU=;
- In-reply-to: <046F43A8D79C794FA4733814869CDF0701DE4F33@dul1wnexmb01.vcorp.ad.vrsn.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Bruce for the offer. I support the suggestions below by
Chuck. I'll let you know if something else comes to mind during
the week ahead.
--- "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Bruce. In my opinion one of the most timely topics for
> would be the introduction of new gTLDs because that PDP is
> getting close
> to decision and hence close to Council and then Board action.
> I am not
> suggesting general, high level discussion on that because I
> believe that
> has already happened over the last couple years, but rather, I
> suggesting focused discussion on some specific topics that
> special challenges in the introduction of new gTLDs such as
> following: 1) dealing with public policy issues while still
> within ICANN's mission; 2) timing of the introduction of IDN
> relative to ASCII gTLDs; and 3) use of expert panels to
> evaluate string
> Chuck Gomes
> "This message is intended for the use of the individual or
> entity to
> which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
> confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
> unauthorized use, distribution, or disclosure is strictly
> prohibited. If
> you have received this message in error, please notify sender
> immediately and destroy/delete the original transmission."
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bruce
> > Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 8:20 AM
> > To: Council GNSO
> > Subject: [council] Regarding GNSO Council/Board dinner on
> > Sunday 24 June 2007
> > Hello All,
> > As I have now joined the Board, I would like to offer any
> > assistance with respect to making the best use of time at
> > Board/GNSO dinner in San Juan.
> > Please let me know if there are any specific issues the
> > Council would like to raise at the dinner, or any input the
> > Council is seeking from the Board.
> > I will also ask the same question of my colleagues on the
> ICANN Board.
> > Regards,
> > Bruce Tonkin