Re: [council] GNSO Council teleconference MP3 recording 24 May 2007

  • To: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] GNSO Council teleconference MP3 recording 24 May 2007
  • From: Mawaki Chango <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:51:36 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Assuredly, Glen, this clarifies:

1. that the wighted vote for certain constituencies (1 rep = 2
votes) still weighs in for voting issue report, so i guess at
this point that this is the case in every voting (or is there
any exception where any council member's vote is equal to any
other one's?)

2. that there's no notion of majority (not even relative
majority) in voting issue report: if 27% of the council members
on the call vote for the IR, and 30% vote against, there will
still be an IR.

Is my understanding correct?
Many thanks to you Glen and Chuck for helping understand this.

Mawaki

--- "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

http://www.icann.org/general/archive-bylaws/bylaws-28feb06.htm#AnnexA