[council] Re; ] Draft Charter for new Whois Working Group
- To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Re; ] Draft Charter for new Whois Working Group
- From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:46:49 +1000
- In-reply-to: <E0438C71-2CCD-4D6E-8706-F84216F208AB@acm.org>
- References: <002701c772d2$94b3f9f0$62f289c1@scarlet> <E0438C71-2CCD-4D6E-8706-F84216F208AB@acm.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcdzLQN3uyldhO2+Rtq8qWVqbY31IQBPpCVg
- Thread-topic: Re; ] Draft Charter for new Whois Working Group
> Am I correct in assuming that we would also welcome, and invite,
> members from other ICANN ACs as well as members from government
> agencies such as those involved in privacy protection, freedom of
> expression and data protection?
Regarding the definition of purpose - we again had a split vote 3
constituencies for and against, with some nominating committee
appointees also voting in favour.
We did get some strong feedback from the community over the purpose
definition and the intent has been to review it once the other items of
the terms of reference are complete. Ie what data is public and how to
access any data that is not public.
It is not forgotten - and as you say does need to be dealt with
explicitly by the Council.