[council] EU article 29 data protection workng party
- To: council@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [council] EU article 29 data protection workng party
- From: philip.sheppard@xxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:49:22 +0200 (CEST)
- Importance: Normal
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.2
Tasks of the Article 29 Data Protection Working Party
The Working Party was set up to achieve several primary objectives:
· To provide expert opinion from member state level to the Commission on
questions of data protection.
· To promote the uniform application of the general principles of the
Directives in all Member States through
co-operation between data protection supervisory authorities.
· To advise the Commission on any Community measures affecting the rights
and freedoms of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal
data and privacy.
For more see