[council] Idea for Deputy Chair

  • To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Idea for Deputy Chair
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:15:25 +1100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

As a discussion item for the Council call tomorrow, I would like to
suggest the Council formally appoint a deputy chair.   If the Council
thinks that is a good idea, we could initiate a call for nominations
etc.

Personally I will be unavailable for the next ICANN meeting in Lisbon,
Portugal due to other business commitments.   My term on the GNSO
Council also finishes at the 2007 AGM (currently scheduled around early
November 2007).

I think it would be useful in terms of succession planning for the
Council to designate a deputy chair - hopefully someone that will
continue to be on the Council for the next couple of years.   This
person could also act as chair at the Lisbon, Portugal meeting.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin