[council] Additional agenda item for the Council call on 16 Nov - regarding IDN working group

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Additional agenda item for the Council call on 16 Nov - regarding IDN working group
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:53:52 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bruce,
Beware the dangers of definitions changing over time.
There is only limited learning from a reference back to the Names Council
procedures.
These were for a different Council, at a different time, in a pre-reform world.
The term "working group" was intended then to be quite different to what we
have been
discussing recently.
Philip

PS This really does underline the need for Council to adopt updated working
procedures.
Why not do this NOW. The draft has been done for months (or is it years now?)
And then change them as required?

Lets make an agenda item for our call this week to ask Glen to refresh the
current draft and
post for comment?