[council] From preliminary report of the Board meeting on 25 Sept 06 regarding proposed registry agreements
- To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] From preliminary report of the Board meeting on 25 Sept 06 regarding proposed registry agreements
- From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 18:58:52 +1000
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcbmAPuxu50pfU4KRwm0h62CrF7pNw==
- Thread-topic: From preliminary report of the Board meeting on 25 Sept 06 regarding proposed registry agreements
Discussion of the pending .BIZ, .INFO, .ORG and .ASIA Registry
John Jeffrey presented the current status of negotiations and the board
engaged in an active discussion regarding:
1) the comments regarding the delay of the registry agreements until the
pdp-feb06 is completed,
2) the comments regarding requests for limitations on price increases
during renewal, as opposed to differential pricing for individual
After some Board level discussion on these points, various board members
expressed concerns about whether the issues raised in the public
comments had been appropriately responded to by the registries.
The Board discussed a "sense of the board" that additional information
was required for the Board to fully consider the agreements, and the
Board specifically expressed a desire to see communications from each of
the registries responding to the public comments that had been received
during the public comment period.
The Board agreed that if they received the responses before October
10th, that they would discuss the pending agreements again during their
next scheduled board meeting on 18 October 2006.
The Secretary was instructed to provide notice to each of the registries
regarding the Board's request for additional information.