From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Thomas Keller
Sent: 18 September 2006 10:17
To: Bruce Tonkin
Cc: Council GNSO
Subject: Re: [council] Regarding terms of Council members

Hello all,

to follow the lead of our chair.

I was appointed to the GNSO Council in 2003 as a substitute for Philip
Grabensee.
I was elected for another term in 2004. This term ends in 2006.

Due to our constituency bylaws I'm able to serve two consecutive terms.
Since there is no specification in the registrar constituency bylaws and
the ICANN bylaws state that not full served terms are not to be counted
as
terms I would be eligible for another term.

In general I want to note that I do not really have any hard feelings
either
into the direction of restricting the number of terms nor into leaving
it
totally open. The two points I think that are very important under both
options are

a. it is the same for all constituencies
b. The modus and its outcome is transparent.

Best,

tom