[council] Update on GNSO Review by the London School of Economics

  • To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Update on GNSO Review by the London School of Economics
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:51:21 +1000
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Vint and Bruce,

I hope that it might be helpful to provide you with an update on the
current status of the LSE Public Policy Group's review of the Generic
Names Supporting Organization. We have taken somewhat more time on the
report than originally envisaged because of the need for iterations in
surfacing some relevant data from GNSO constituencies and the need for
some extra work in developing detailed, implementable recommendations
for the ICANN community.

On approximately 21 August, we will provide the final draft version of
the report for review by representatives designated by each GNSO
constituency.  The purpose of this limited review is to enable the
constituencies to let us know of any specific factual corrections that
they believe are necessary, as well as any comments or elaborations
which they would wish us to examine. The LSE team will carefully
consider all suggested changes before providing the Board with a final,
public version of the report, which we envisage will occur within two
further weeks of work. Upon submission of our final report, we look
forward to explaining and discussing the review with the Board, the GNSO
Council, and relevant ICANN audiences.

Best wishes,

Patrick Dunleavy

Professor Patrick Dunleavy

Chair, LSE Public Policy Group

Professor of Political Science and Public Policy