Re: [council] RE: point (2) of motion one on WHOIS passed on 20 July 2006

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] RE: point (2) of motion one on WHOIS passed on 20 July 2006
  • From: Mawaki Chango <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:54:51 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for the clarification. That was the point I was trying to
raise on the call (confusingly, I admit), so it's Ok to mention it,
somehow, in the minutes.

Please note, I was not making this point in an antagonistic spirit.
As I said, my understanding was that the (1) & (2) were meant to walk
togeter, and that's what I explained to my constituency members when
they objected to the compilation completed by Maria that it accouts
for only one side of the interpretations (I confirmed to them that
there was nothing wrong with that because she has just done what she
was instructed to do in this motion.)

So what you are saying now is that we should have in that
compilation, based on para. (2) of the motion, an outline of all the
interpretations drawn from ALL the letters, inputs, comments, etc.,
regardless of their final position as to the two formulations???
Could you please check if we all are on the same page, Maria
included, and if this is what has actually be done?

Again, I'm making this point only for the sake of the clarity of the
outcome of our decisions. In case, as I sometimes find myself, we
need to respond to objections from our constituents or from any
members of the Internet communities.

Thanks,

Mawaki