RE: [council] Regarding vote during GNSO Council meeting on Wednesday 28 June 2006

  • To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Regarding vote during GNSO Council meeting on Wednesday 28 June 2006
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 03:22:58 +1000
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Robin, Ross, Kiyoshi, and Alistair,

> I hope that those Councillors that are not able to attend the
> meeting in-person will give serious consideration to
> dialling-in for the Council meeting long enough to ratify the
> vote, which is the first agenda item.

I would like to thank you all for making the effort to dial-in to ratify
the vote.

Unfortunately we did not have a phone hook-up for the meeting (there was
some problem with the delivery of equipment for the meeting).   We ended
up using a mobile phone and holding it up against a speaker and
microphone.

I note that Bret Fausett, as liaison for the ALAC, also made an effort
to attending the meeting through the phone hook-up.

Your patience and dedication was much appreciated.

I also want to acknowledge that those few Council members that were not
able to attend the meeting in-person or via phone were travelling on
aircraft at the time and couldn't access a phone.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin