Re: [council] Options for WHOIS purpose

Bruce Tonkin wrote:
> Lets discuss this further in the Council meeting tomorrow.
>
> In any case, I recommend that the task force continue its current work
> program.  Any work on purpose should be done at the Council level.

It sounds like much discussion and progress has been made on Whois this week.

This is a good thing.

However, I would ask that we don't seek to actually take a decision on this matter tomorrow. Those that are physically participating in the meeting have had the benefit of a very immersive experience in which they have been able to take in a lot of data on a very near full-time basis. Those of us not attending the meeting have not had this same luxury. I would like to be able to participate in taking this decision from an informed basis, but have not yet had a chance to wade through the relevant recordings, transcripts and submissions.

Discussion of this proposal is definitely warranted, but I don't think I could adequately represent the needs of my constituency, in terms of making a decision, based on what I know now. I would appreciate the opportunity to consider more of these inputs before I actually voted on anything this important during a meeting that will be held in just over 12 hours time.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

-ross