[council] Copy of IDN presentation

  • To: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Copy of IDN presentation
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 07:41:18 +1000
  • Cc: "Tina Dam" <dam@xxxxxxxxx>, <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

Here is a copy of a presentation that I produced following our
discussion with members of the President's Advisory Committee for IDNs
on Sunday afternoon, and with the ICANN Board on Sunday night.  I
presented this to stimulate some discussion on IDN issues at the ccNSO
meeting yesterday.   I have merely included some examples of issues,
rather than attempt to list all the issues we discussed.

I have suggested that the GNSO and ccNSO work together on reviewing the
IDN issues report that we have requested from the ICANN staff, and
identify which policy issues we should work on first (either together or
separately as appropriate) to allow the initial introduction of IDNs in
the root zone.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin