[council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs (fwd)

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs (fwd)
  • From: Cary Karp <ck@nic.museum>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 00:07:52 +0100 (CET)
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:33:07 -0500
From: John C Klensin <klensin@xxxxxxx>
To: Sophia B <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Patrik Fältström <paf@xxxxxxxxx>, Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
    Cary Karp <ck@nic.museum>, Tina Dam <dam@xxxxxxxxx>,
    GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs

Sophia,

I needed to take some days to consider your note and, perhaps,
to let things calm down a bit (I, of course, don't know what
discussions have occurred on the GNSO Council list in the
interim).  I hope the clarifications and comments below are
helpful, but suspect that we are nearing, and may have reached
or passed, the point at which further comments from either a
technical perspective, or even a "best interests of Internet
users" one, are useful.

I am going to respond to both your note of the 6th and that of
the 5th below.  My apologies in advance for the length of this
note, but I'm going to try to respond to a number of
almost-separate issues while trying to reduce the fairly obvious
level of confusion that underlies some of the questions and
assertions.

--On Monday, 06 February, 2006 00:00 -0800 Sophia B