[council] RESEND Commencement of the new PDP

  • To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] RESEND Commencement of the new PDP
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:47:18 +1100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello again,

That last email was a bit jumbled - my attempt to refer to Marilyn's
text at the beginning of my last email failed.  Here is a cleaner
version of my response.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin

I recommend we follow the structure of the bylaws where we can.

I think we could achieve your objective by doing the following:

With reference to section 5(a), Annex A of the bylaws:
"5. Composition and Selection of Task Forces a. Upon voting to appoint a
task force, the Council shall invite each of the constituencies of the
GNSO to appoint one individual to participate in the task force.
Additionally, the Council may appoint up to three outside advisors to
sit on the task force. (Each task force member is referred to in this
Annex as a "Representative" and collectively, the "Representatives").
The Council may increase the number of Representatives per constituency
that may sit on a task force in its discretion in circumstances that it
deems necessary or appropriate."

The Council could decide to appoint a task force for PDP-Feb06 with 3
voting representatives per constituency.

The Council could also recommend that constituencies consider appointing
one or more Council members to the task force to ensure linkage with
PDP-Dec05.

This will ensure that constituencies have some flexibility on how they
choose to resource PDP-Dec05 and PDP-Feb06.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin