RE: [council] Regarding proxies

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Regarding proxies
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:34:52 +1100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Marilyn,

(1) Right now we are subject to the existing ICANN bylaws.
- we can create our own operating procedures that are consistent with
those
- it is possible that the bylaws may have had some unforeseen
side-effects on our long established process for using proxies

I am first seeking clarification on whether we are complaint with the
bylaws.

(2) Where we think the bylaws can be improved, we can certainly propose
those to the Board to consider.  This may also be an outcome of the GNSO
Review process.

(3) Until the bylaws are changed, we need to do our best to comply with
the current bylaws.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin