RE: [council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs
- To: "'Cary Karp'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: [council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs
- From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 10:17:20 -0500
- Cc: "'GNSO Council'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'John Klensin'" <klensin@xxxxxxx>, "'Patrik Faitstrom'" <paf@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Tina Dam'" <dam@xxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <43E5C042.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcYqM58+2rirFGGXQAynzGRmM4C37QAM22Hg
Thanks, Cary, I much appreciate your response.
For perhaps others, but certainly me, I need to be able to ask some perhaps
not so sophisticated questions, if I am to get at a fuller understanding.
But, you know, I think that I am a proponent of commitment to examining the
IDN issues quite fully and with a priority.
Regards, and thanks again. Marilyn
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Cary Karp
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:07 AM
Cc: GNSO Council; John Klensin; Patrik Faitstrom; Tina Dam
Subject: Re: [council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs
> Whoa. I am unaware that because any of us as councilors raise
> questions, and ask for information, that means no testbeds.
> However, there may be political issues, Cary, even if some wish
> Back to the point, it is good that we are asking questions and
> discussing these issues. Can we maintain a. Welcolming attitude so
> even I get brave enough to post my questions. :-)
I didn't have the slightest intention of either being intimidating or
braking the discussion. It had simply struck me that it was in danger
of veering off in a direction that would either obscure or be counter
to Council's interests.
Although it apparently was obscured in the wording of my own message,
I regard it as vitally important for us to treat this subject in the
fullest possible detail, and apologize for my lack of skill in
expressing that, and in any offense I inadvertently caused.