[council] Clarification of the purpose of meeting later in February 2006

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Clarification of the purpose of meeting later in February 2006
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:39:59 +1100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

Note that the recent email discussions regarding purpose, date,
location, and agenda of the meeting in February all relate to agenda
item 4 of the next GNSO Council meeting.

The agenda is online at:
http://www.gnso.icann.org/meetings/agenda-6feb06.shtml

We had an already scheduled teleconference for 21 February, but given
the amount of work we have on I thought that a physical meeting of
longer duration (e.g 2 days) would be a more effective way of making
progress on our current work items.  It looks like 21 Feb will not work
for most Council members, so we have been trying to identify an
alternative date that might work.  Any decision in this area will be
made at the next Council call on 6 Feb.

The current work item for meeting later in February is:
- PDP on new gTLDs being undertaken by a committee of the whole Council

Also on the agenda for the 6 Feb 2006, is a discussion on whether to
initiate a PDP on any issues identified in an issues report requested at
our last meeting.  This is the topic of agenda item 2.

Depending on the outcome of agenda item 2, this will have an impact on
the agenda of any meeting later in February.

I hope that clarifies things as there have been many subsequent threads
of discussion since the draft agenda was posted on 20 Jan 2006.
See: