[council] [Fwd: [icann-staff] Disk Issues with List Server]

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] [Fwd: [icann-staff] Disk Issues with List Server]
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:27:17 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [icann-staff] Disk Issues with List Server
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:53:41 -0800
From: Steve Conte <steve.conte@xxxxxxxxx>
To: icann-staff@xxxxxxxxx

Greetings,

If you're on more than one ICANN-owned mailing list, you may receive a
duplicate of this message.

Last night, we had a disk failure on our mailing list server.  This
failure caused it to be unreachable for a while and has caused
congestion in our chain of mail servers.

The problem has been resolved and you should see mails coming to the
list that you're subscribed to again.

IMPORTANT:  If you posted something yesterday that hasn't made the list
yet, PLEASE don't resend for another couple of hours so our various mail
queues can flush out (one has 50,000+ messages to go through for example).

There is a chance that something you tried to post to the list may have
been lost due to the disk failure.  If after a few hours, you still
don't see the post come across, then resend.

If you see any oddities from this point forward, please contact your
list owner or mail me (steve.conte@xxxxxxxxx) and Kent Crispin
(kent@xxxxxxxxx) with details of what your experiencing.

Thanks for your patience,

Steve