RE: [council] FYI - IDN Background Paper

  • To: "'Maria Farrell'" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] FYI - IDN Background Paper
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:15:30 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, Maria. I'd just like to note that the Council needs to agree on the
"roles", right? So we would want to discuss that in our upcoming Council
call. I note that the call takes place during the WSIS, and I will be in
Tunisia. I will pass a proxy to Grant, and then to Philip. I'll do my best
to be on the call if possible. However, the hotels have rotary dial phones
for the most part, AND, wireless often does not work in Tunisia.

The cost of the call I made while at the ICANN meeting was billed by the
hotel at over $3 per minute, making an international call a real luxury for
anyone. :-)

More comments once I've digested. Thanks, though for the responsiveness on
the report. I can see I have a lot of reading to do! The link to the real
time captioning is very helpful, by the way. Even when I've sat through a
session, I find that I learn from reading the real time captioning! It is
very helpful as a tool.

Maybe we need to be thinking of more of that..

  _____