[council] Regarding GAC's WHOIS workshop in Vancouver

  • To: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Regarding GAC's WHOIS workshop in Vancouver
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:35:32 +1000
  • Cc: <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

I have been asked recently for information on the state of planning for
the GAC WHOIS workshop in Vancouver.

Below is a copy of my response:

Right now the focus is on finalising the timetable for Vancouver -
rather than a detailed agenda.

I think at this stage the Whois Workshop will be on Tuesday morning.

Any details that I have are available at:
http://gac.icann.org/web/home/IVC_Schedule.doc

The GAC website states that the meeting:

"The Whois Workshop will follow up on the Whois/Law Enforcement workshop
in Luxembourg and address the protection of privacy, consumers and
intellectual property in access to and use of Whois databases."

The report of the last workshop on law enforcement in Luxembourg is
available at:
http://gac.icann.org/web/docs/Final_Report_Lux_WHOIS.doc

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin