[council] report on meeting arrangements -- what I presently know

  • To: "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] report on meeting arrangements -- what I presently know
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:39:56 -0400
  • Cc: "'gnso.icann'" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update on Meeting Schedule at Luxembourg. I have shown Council
sessions/proposed meetings, as well as most of the ICANN agenda. There are
some serious conflicts that I?ve emailed Kurt and Diane about to see what
can be done.

Saturday: p.m. Likely to be at the Novetel in a meeting room.

ICANN Staff invited to Administrative discussion with Chair and any
available Councilors. Ideally, invite BD members elected by Council. NOTE:
may be that they are in ?retreat? and unavailable.

FYI: I understand that the ccNSO invites the BD members elected from the
ccNSO to address the members at some point in their meeting. Perhaps we
should institute a similar invitation to the BD members elected from the
gNSO?  Sounds like Saturday OR Thursday are the best times for the
community. Not clear that is feasible but perhaps the BD members could take
a short break to join us. OR, JOIN US ON SUNDAY?

Sunday: 10-12:00 a.m. Council and official liaisons and ICANN relevant staff
only.

Working session regarding administrative planning.  Agenda to be provided
shortly by Council chair.

IS THIS A TIME TO INVITE THE ELECTED BOARD MEMBERS TO A MEETING? IF SO,
SHOULD EXTEND THE TIME OF THE MEETING FROM 9:30-12:30 P.M.

Lunch: On your own

14:00-18:00 p.m. GAC Working Session. Council invited/WHOIS TF invited as
guests.

All councilors and WHOIS TF members and official liaisons are invited. The
meeting is a GAC meeting. There will be an agenda shortly to be shared with
invited attendees. The Working Session was addressed by Suzanne Sene, GAC
liaison on the last Council call.

16:30 ? 18:00 p.m. CONFLICT

At present the ICANN proposed agenda suggests a meeting to overview the
Strategic Planning Consultation to date.This is a conflict with the GAC
workshop, and creates a serious problem for the gNSO Council, the ccNSO
Council, and some other invited guests. An email to Kurt and Diane has been
sent, noting the conflict and recommending a revision of this planned
meeting.

Monday:

7:30 a.m. -9:00   Breakfast with Board and Staff; we have asked for a round
table set up. YET to be confirmed.

9:00 ? 10:00 a.m. Opening Ceremony

10:00 ? 16:00     Cross Constituency/Constituency meetings

                  At Large Roundtable Discussion

16:00 ? 17:30 p.m. GAC Open session

All Councilors are encouraged to attend

17:00 ? 18:30 p.m. Public Discussion to provide input to operational plan
and budget:

CONFLICT: Councilors cannot both attend the open GAC session for the full
time, AND, participate in the Public Discussion on the Operational Plan.  An
email to Kurt and Diane regarding the conflict has been sent.

Tuesday:

9:00 ? 10:00 am. Report on domain name hijacking

10-12:00 DNS Security

Registrars Constituency meeting

15:00 ? 17:00 gNSO Public Forum [we will ask whether we can a] start 30
minutes earlier and b) shorten to 1 and ½ hours]

17:00 ? 19:00 gNSO Council [will be modified if above modification is
achieved].

Evening event /invitational only

Wednesday:

8:30 ? 11:00 WSIS Workshop

11-13:00 IDN Workshop

ccNSO Council meeting

14-18:00 p.m. Public Forum Part I

19:00 22:00 Soccer tournament

Thursday

9-12:30 p.m. Public Forum Part II

14:00 -17:00 PM session for Council: Meeting room for 20 people. TBD whether
will have conference bridge.

      Whois TF/Council ? 2 hours?

      Meeting planning and coordination discussion with other SOs

      Other topics for Council /TBD

17:00 ? 18:30 Summary of Strategic Planning Consultations

Friday; Board meeting

TENTATIVE: may be a Nominating Committee meeting in p.m./LIMITED to the
NomComm members.