RE: [council] Current set of GNSO Council events in Mar Del Plata

  • To: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Current set of GNSO Council events in Mar Del Plata
  • From: Marc Schneiders <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:02:54 +0100 (CET)
  • Cc: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, at 06:33 [=GMT+1100], Bruce Tonkin wrote:

> I was noting that the agenda of the meeting is so packed, that often
> people will be attending a meeting when they would normally be breaking
> for lunch.

My experience is that meetings during which people have their lunch
are shorter. You cannot speak up immediately with a full mouth. And
after chewing and swallowing this great bite from this gorgeous raw
beef (not corned beef though that is Argentinian and great too)
sandwich, the chair will have moved to the next item.

Some people might leave the meeting prematurely, since the person next
to her is eating raw tuna fish. (I am guessing tuna is also swimming
in the Argentinian part of the Atlantic.)

It is of paramount importance, Bruce, that the chair does NOT have his
lunch during the meeting. Someone has to do the talking. I am sorry.