Re: [council] Draft Agenda for GNSO Council teleconference - Thursday 17 March 2005

  • To: "Bruce Tonkin" <bruce.tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Draft Agenda for GNSO Council teleconference - Thursday 17 March 2005
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:12:24 +0000 GMT
  • Cc: "Kurt Pritz" <pritz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Cc: "Paul Verhoef" <paul.verhoef@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Cc: "Barbara Roseman" <roseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Cc: "Gnso. Secretariat" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Cc: "Tim Cole" <cole@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Cc: "Tina Dam" <dam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is the development of the agenda for the bfkt with the ICANN BD/staff included
in item one?

But a few other thoughts: how to improve and strenghten the interaction between
bd mmbrs and Councilors.

There are ways to change and improve that bkft opportunity through changing
process as well as substance.

I wonder if we can find a way to have this more inclusive of repts from. Bd
mmbrs, such as a rept from the SSAC chair, chair of BD governance committeen
etc. And have a real discussion.... We should use some of our Sunday mtg then
to finalize what msges the Council gives.....

Or we could use a very different format and actually break up around round
tables, assign seats so we have diversity at each tble, and focus on dialogue
AT the tble.  Have a pre-set few table topics. We need to focus on devlop'g
relationships with BD Mmbrs. ... The approach we are using in the bkft doesn't
advance true dialogue.

What do other Councilors think?