[council] Call for nominations for ICANN Board seat 14 open Monday 21 Feb. 00:00 UTC
- To: "'council'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Call for nominations for ICANN Board seat 14 open Monday 21 Feb. 00:00 UTC
- From: "gnso.icann" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:15:14 +0100
- Importance: Normal
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GNSO Council Elections for ICANN Board seat 14 currently occupied by
1. Nominations Open: Monday 21 February 2005 at 00:00 UTC
Nominations Close: Friday 11 March 2005 at 17:00 UTC
The full nomination procedure is set out at:
Please complete the web based template for nominations.
The description of the ?nominator? should read ?nominee?
The space will take a fair sized message.
Nominations should be e-mailed to the GNSO Secretariat at the following
email address: gnso-nominations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
2. Each nomination must be accompanied by a brief description of how the
candidate meets the selection criteria.
3. All nominations must be seconded by another GNSO Council member.
Please second the nomination at:
4. Archives of nominations can be found at:
5. Only GNSO Council members may nominate and vote for candidates,
although GNSO Council members should consult with their constituencies
with regard to suitable candidates.
6. The GNSO Secretariat will confirm the nomination, by sending an
e-mail to the candidate requesting their acceptance.
7. The GNSO Secretariat will convey the nomination and the acceptance
thereof to the GNSO Council list.
8. There will be a one week period to arrange the ballot, collect
candidate statements, and arrange any teleconferences to interview the
9. The vote will start on Friday 18 March 2005 and conclude on Friday 1
GNSO Councillors will be given timely notification of each step during
the election process.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you very much
Glen de Saint Géry