[council] Update on staff recruitment

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Update on staff recruitment
  • From: "Paul Verhoef" <paul.verhoef@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:02:09 +0100
  • Cc: "'Paul Twomey'" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

The progress on recruitment of staff remains fully in line with the last update
I gave you. We have
interviewed short-listed candidates and identified two preferred candidates for
the Senior Office
Policy Coordination and the GNSO Policy Officer respectively. At this moment,
we are carrying out
background checks before making formal offers. I hope to be able to make an
announcement on the new
staff in the first weeks of January.

You may be interested to know that we had some 250 candidates for a total of 3
position advertised
for my group, and that the two selected candidates are really excellent with
much relevant
experience and, assuming that we are able to make successful offers, I am
looking very much forward
to their arrival.

Rests me to wish you and your families a merry Xmas and a very happy New Year
(at least for those
who celebrate these events), and I am looking forward to work with you in the
new year.

Best
Paul

Paul Verhoef
Vice President Policy Development Support
ICANN
6 Rond Point Schuman, Bt.5
B-1040 Brussels, Belgium
Tel.: +32.2.234 7872