ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>


  • To: gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 05:00:59 -0500
  • Cc: marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • In-reply-to: <001201c4d6b6$8dd22d10$9e0c07c4@VAIO>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<html><div style='background-color:'><DIV class=RTE>
<P>Bruce, all councilors</P>
<P>I am concerned to see that there is scheduled a meeting by the Council that is in 
conflict with the WSIS Working Group public meeting scheduled for 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. 
The PDP for new services is scheduled for 9:30 am. - 10:30 a.m. Perhaps I missed this 
conflict if it were posted days ago. I haven't been on line since arriving yesterday a.m. 
and am just seeing this as of now. This is a conflict which has really unfortunate 
implications and sends the wrong message from the Council. </P>
<P>The WSIS Working Group metting is a public meeting on the full ICANN agenda and as 
the working group, we have carefully negotiated with the GAC, ICANN staff and board, the 
ccTLDs and the AT Large to ensure that everyone can attend and participate in this 
important forum which is of importance to the future of the bottom up participatory process 
embodied in ICANN.</P>
<P>Three members of the Council -- Jeff Newman, Tony Holmes and Marilyn Cade -- are 
on the WSIS Planning Group and will be making the call to action/report from the working 
group on the role and activities of the various constituencies during this time. While the 
Working Group is not a Council effort per se, I do urge that we reschedule the planned 
meeting so that it does not conflict so much with the WSIS forum. </P>
<P>I understand that we have much work to do as Council, but I think it sends a very 
poor message for Council to schedule a conflicting meeting with this event. </P>
<P>I am also surprised to just see this scheduile and perhaps missed it if it were posted 
earlier. The Workshop was changed from 8:30 - 10 a.m. to 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. which does present 
an extension of 30 minutes. However the Council meeting is now a full hour of 
overlap.&nbsp; </P>
<P>My request is a compromise:</P>
<P>Move the WHOIS TF meeting by 30 minutes, so that it starts not at 11: but at 11:30 
a.m. End it at 12:45 p.m/allowing a 15 min break to get to the GAC lunch, instead of 30 
min. That cuts this session down a bit. </P>
<P>Start the PDP process meeting at 10:30 am. and three of us will come in late by 10 
minutes, or so but not miss much. </P>
<P>By making these modifications, we can 1) show the Council support to a meeting 
that Councilors and other stakeholders have helped to ceate/that will have Board 
attendance, GAC attendance and community attendance 2) still do our WHOIS TF meeting and 3) 
still do the Registry approval discussion.</P>
<P>It is a compressed and compromise time adjustment.</P>
<P>I'll be on line on and off but will see all of you at the Council strategy session. 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "gnso.icann" &lt;gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "'council'" &lt;council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [council] TR : GNSO Council agenda for Cape Town 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:28:20 +0100
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Dear Councillors
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Councillors Agenda
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tuesday 30 Nov. 14:30 to 16 :30 the GNSO Council will meet in 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;1.63/1.64 of the Convention centre:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;1. GNSO Council external review, 30 mins
<DIV></DIV>&gt;2. GNSO Council self review 30 mins
<DIV></DIV>&gt;3. ICANN strategic plan 30 mins
<DIV></DIV>&gt;4. Priority Policy issues 2005 30 mins
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Wednesday 1 Dec.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;8:30 to 10:30 WSIS Workshop
<DIV></DIV>&gt;9:30 - 11:00 Registry approval PDP1.61/1.62
<DIV></DIV>&gt;11:00 to 12:30 Whois task force 3 and GNSO Council, room 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;(telephone participation possible) 13:00 to 14:00 GAC/GNSO/Task 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;participants lunch, room 1.61/1.62 16:30 18:00 Whois task force 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;task force members present in CT, room 1.6/1.62
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Thursday 2 Dec.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;7:30to 9:00 GNSO Breakfast 1.43/1.44
<DIV></DIV>&gt;9:00 to 10:00 ICANN Welcome Ceremony
<DIV></DIV>&gt;10:00 onwards Constituency meetings see:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Local Hosts? reception (buses leave at regular intervals from 
hotel for
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the venue ? the Castle)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Friday 3 Dec.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;8:30 to 10:30 GNSO Public Forum Auditorium 1
<DIV></DIV>&gt;1. Whois tf ½ recommendations 20 mins
<DIV></DIV>&gt;2. Registry approval process pdp 20 mins
<DIV></DIV>&gt;3. Workshop summary 20 mins
<DIV></DIV>&gt;4. GNSO Council review 20 mins
<DIV></DIV>&gt;5. Open mike 20 mins
<DIV></DIV>&gt;10:30 to 12:30 GNSO Council meeting Auditorium 1 (dial-in 
<DIV></DIV>&gt;for absent members)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;If you have any questions please let me know.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;See you there!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Thank you very much.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Kind regards,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Glen de Saint Géry
<DIV></DIV>&gt;GNSO Secretariat

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>